Monday, November 7, 2011

Uh oh...

So obviously I haven't posted in awhile.  I have been busy with my new job and I"m still trying to figure all of this blogger stuff out.  I went to the NM state board meeting for Habitat for Humanity and it was awesome.  I'm pretty new to my job and to be honest I still had a LOT of question marks but meeting with other people that do my job in the state and hearing what they do, etc was such a relief!  Everyone was really nice and I found out that there is a lot of support and tools available to me.  I am pretty excited about the possibilites for our Habitat.  Speaking of the meeting, even though it turned out really well I was sick to my stomach the whole time!  My 2 year old, Michael had a tummy bug last Tuesday but he was perfectly fine the next day so I thought maybe it was just a fluke.  Yeah right!  Destiny (my daughter) stayed with my parents this weekend because I had my hubby go with me out of town along with Michael.  Anyway, we drive almost 8 hours to get to the meeting and my parents call me telling me that Destiny is sick and has been throwing up (I know it's TMI, sorry).  Great!  Of course I get to the bottom of New Mexico, 8 hours away from my kid and she gets sick, sheesh!  Meanwhile, they did a training Friday night, and then the meeting was all day Saturday.  I was sick to my stomach the whole time!  I was praying the whole time, " God please don't let me puke in front of these people"!  I didn't, I was saved from the humiliation!  The upside is that I didn't eat too much, I guess I didn't eat a whole lot at all because I was so worried about what might happen.  We got home safely and yesterday my baby girl turned 10, what a sad and happy day.  I can't believe my baby is 10!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment